English | ISBN: 1789195802 | 691 Pages | EPUB | July 1, 2020 | 41 MB
The Rough Guide to Kent, Sussex and Surrey
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
World-renowned ‘tell it like it is’ travel guide.
Discover Kent, Sussex and Surrey with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to shop in medieval Rye, laze on the dune-backed beach of West Wittering or marvel at the soaring interior of Canterbury Cathedral, The Rough Guide to Kent, Sussex and Surrey will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide to Kent, Sussex and Surrey:
– Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
– Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to Kent, Sussex and Surrey
– Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Hastings, Brighton and many more locations without needing to get online
– Fabulous full-colour photography: features inspirational colour photography, including the sweeping green hills and country lanes of the South Downs Way and the distinctive, unmissable conical ‘hats’ of typical Kent oast houses of Sissinghurst.
– Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
– Things not to miss: Rough Guides’ rundown of Canterbury, Chichester, Broadstairs, and Alfriston’s best sights and top experiences
– Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
– Background information: comprehensive ‘Contexts’ chapter provides fascinating insights Kent, Sussex and Surrey, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
– Covers: Canterbury and around; North Kent; East Kent; The Kent Weald; The Sussex High Weald; East Sussex Downs; Brighton; West Sussex; Surrey
You may also be interested in: The Rough Guide to Norfolk and Suffolk, The Rough Guide to The Cotswolds, The Rough Guide to Bath, Bristol and Somerset
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy ‘tell it like it is’ ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.