by Jacqueline Bauman-Waengler
English | 2020 | ISBN: 1635500273 | 336 Pages | PDF | 7 MB
Phonological Treatment of Speech Sound Disorders in Children: A Practical Guide provides speech-language pathologists with a road map for implementation of new treatment methods that can have a significant, positive impact on children s speech intelligibility and communicative effectiveness. This practical workbook is useful for speech-language pathologists who work with children with speech sound disorders in schools and private practices or clinics. It can also be used as a supplementary text for a clinical methods course or within a speech sound disorders clinical practicum. This workbook is an easy to follow guide that allows clinicians to move from assessment results to treatment planning and execution.
The methods included are those which demonstrate treatment efficacy, including minimal pair therapy, multipleoppositions, maximal oppositions, complexity approaches, phonotactic therapy, core vocabulary intervention, cycles approach, and using phonological/phonemic awareness for phonological disorders. Discussion of each treatment method includes the collection and analysis of data, the establishment of treatment targets and goals, and treatment guidelines. Case studies are used to demonstrate each phonological treatment paradigm, and suggestions for use within a group therapy format are provided. Current references allow the clinicians to further study each of the methods presented.
– Presents new methods which have documented success treating children with speech sound disorders.
– Practically oriented so that readers can easily see the progression from the data to treatment goals and outcome measures.
– Utilizes case studies to further exemplify the specific phonological method.
– Demonstrates the use of techniques within a group therapy setting which is the main mode of delivery for most clinicians.
– Supplies materials to be used in specific therapy contexts, including data collection forms, sample goals, flowcharts for target selection, and progress monitoring worksheets.