English | 2015 | 200 Pages | ISBN: 1849697124 | PDF | 3.6 MB
Learn and put into practice various memory management techniques in Objective-C to create robust iOS applications
About This Book
– Learn about the concepts of memory management in Objective-C
– Get introduced to Swift, an innovative new programming language for Cocoa and Cocoa Touch
– A step-by-step approach to various memory management techniques with lots of sample code and Xcode projects for your reference
Who This Book Is For
If you are new to Objective-C or a veteran in iOS application development, this is the book for you. This book will ensure that you can actively learn the methods and concepts in relation to memory management in a more engaging way. Basic knowledge of iOS development is required for this book.
What You Will Learn
– Understand the theoretical basics of memory management
– Discover how and why memory leaks occur
– Use Objective-C to stem memory leaks in your application
– Familiarize yourself with the various memory debugging tools available in Xcode
– Implement data persistence using Core Data
– Understand how ARC helps in memory management
– Introduce yourself to Swift, the brand new programming language to write effective, lightning-fast applications
Objective-C Memory Management Essentials will familiarize you with the basic principles of Objective-C memory management, to create robust and effective iOS applications. You will begin with a basic understanding of memory management, and why memory leaks occur in an application, moving on to autorelease pools and object creation/storage to get an idea of how memory is allocated. You will also see what ARC (Automatic Reference Counting) is and how it helps in memory management. Finally, you will cover examples on how to use the various tools provided by Xcode to help in memory management. You will also get a basic understanding of Swift, the recently introduced programming language to write interactive and lightning-fast applications.
By the end of this book, you will have all the necessary knowledge on how to effectively memory-manage your application with best practices.